ADU7 AutoSport Advanced Display Unit with Logging
*FREE USB TO CAN FROM MARCH 9 TO 31*
The ADU7 AutoSport Display is identical in spec to the regular ADU7, but features a 37 position AutoSport connector instead of the AMP connector on the original ADU7. AutoSport connectors are used in the highest tiers of motorsports and are the most compact and robust available. This connector uses a size 22 gold plated solid contact. Please ensure you have proper tooling available.
We are proud to announce the new ECUMASTER Racing Dash family of products. We designed the ADU5 and ADU7 in response to market demand for a cost-effective dash display with logging capabilities. Our specific goal was to create a fully customizable, feature-rich, quality solution for competitive drivers. We consulted professional drivers and race engineers and designed the ADU to exceed their requirements.
Our Advanced Display Units are available in 5” and 7” versions. Both versions feature high resolution, high visibility anti-glare screens, guaranteeing perfect visibility in any lighting conditions. The ADU comes with multiple pre-configured pages, which can be customized by the end user to display data required at every race stage (e.g. practice, qualification, race, troubleshooting, etc.). Pages may be changed manually or automatically (based on defined conditions). Each channel displayed on a page (gauges, icons, texts, etc.) can be easily modified in real time using user-friendly Windows based software. Our comprehensive overlay system facilitates a multiple page display for important data (e.g. low oil pressure, best lap, etc.) independent of the actual page displayed.
The ADU is also equipped with 15 ultra-bright RGB LEDs which can be used as an advanced gear-depended shift light and can be modified by user-defined logic (for alarms, low fuel level, etc.).
Using IR beacons or a GPS system, the dash turns into a powerful lap timer with a predictive timing function. By selecting the Qualification page, you enable a “Qualification Mode” which uses advanced predictive lap timing based on an automatically updated “best” reference lap.
User configurable timers can be adjusted for additional functionality (pit stop timer, etc.). The ADU also supports thermal cameras for monitoring brake discs or tyre temperatures (up to 16 points per tyre).
Communication with other devices in the car is provided via two built-in, independent CAN-BUS communication ports. CAN templates are provided for most popular ECUs, and are fully configurable, allowing you to connect our hardware to virtually any engine management system.
To ensure that all features work seamlessly, our device is based on a 32-bit automotive controller paired with a state of the art graphics processor. This combination provides the perfect working environment for any engineer or driver and guarantees anti-aliased, high-quality graphics at 50 frames per second.
For further data analysis, data channels can be logged to a USB Flash drive with a frequency of up to 500Hz.
All of these “Must Have” features and more are housed in a rugged, specially CNC machined, black anodized enclosure.
Free, easy to install firmware upgrades further improve system capabilities (e.g. new strategies, trigger patterns, CAN data streams).
- Operating voltage: 6-22V, immunity to transients according to ISO 7637, with reverse polarity protection
- CPU: 32 bits, automotive, 90MIPS Temperature range: -30°C to 80°C
- Enclosure: Anodized aluminium, CNC machined, IP61 Connector: Automotive 36-way AMP connector
- 5” display: Antiglare TFT, 800x480, active area 108x64.8mm, luminance 600 cd/m2
- 7” display: Antiglare TFT, 800x480, active area 154.08x85.92mm, luminance 500 cd/m2
- Alarms: 15 x ultrabright RGB LEDs
- Communication: CAN: 2 x CAN 2.0B (250, 500, 1000 kbps) independent Serial: RS232 (Rx,Tx)
- USB: Yes, for data logging (dash programming must be done via CAN, using CAN to USB adapter, Peak Pcan, or Kvaser cable)
- Inputs: Analogue inputs: 8 analogue inputs, 10 bits, 500Hz, software selectable pullups/pulldowns
- Digital inputs: 8 inputs with user defined sensitivity Outputs: General purpose 2 x protected 3A low side outputs
- Accelerometer: 3 axis gyro and 3 axis acceleration
- Light sensor: Built in for auto brightness
- Temperature sensor: Built in to trace device internal temperature
- Real time clock: Built in with battery backup
- Features: Lap Timer: Lap timer with memory, predictive timing, triggered by a beacon or GPS
- Customization: 48 available pages, user defined content, custom graphics allowed
- Functions: Math channels logical functions
- Overlays: Yes, user defined
- CAN stream: User defined, up to 48 input messages, predefined streams for popular ECUs
- Logging: Memory: USB Flash Memory Rate: Up to 500Hz per channel Real time clock: Yes
All Popular ECUs are supported. If your ECU is not supported, we will work with you to add it.
Check the Application Notes page for wiring and configuration information specific to your ECU.
ADU SOFTWARE AND MANUALS LOCATED HERE.